AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I track "Download" and "Signup" conversions of my Android App?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google Adwords community,

First of all, thank you very much for reading my post.

I am trying to setup Adwords campaign for my Android app for the first time,

and I need help on how to setup so I can track my "Download" and "Signup" conversions in my Android app.

Here are the details of my setup:

Precondition:

- I have created ads for regular "Display Ads (All features)" and "Mobile app installs".

- I have setup Conversions for "Download" conversions (which is prepared by default).

- I have implement SDK and conversion code for "Signup" in my Android App.

Questions:

1. Should both of my campaigns' URL be pointing to Google Play (e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=)?

2. Even if both of my campaigns' URL are pointing to Google Play, will I be able to track both "Downloads" and "Signup" conversions? Some people told me I cannot track if my ads are leading to Google Play instead of websites with campaign code or something, but is that true?

Sorry for asking many questions, but it would be great if I can get help Smiley Happy

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Thomas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I track "Download" and "Signup" convers

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

You've done everything that's required. Though your Display & App Install campaigns point to the same URL, Downloads & Sign Up would be tracked separately, as they are different actions with different conversion codes.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How do I track "Download" and "Signup" convers

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
On that note, conversions cannot be tracked without a conversion code, if the landing page is your own website. In this case, as you're using Google Play URL, 'Sign Up' conversions would anyway be tracked by SDK code.

Hope that clarifies.
Sumanth Sridhar