AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I track phone conversions from both the client's website and directly from my ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to figure out how I can track phone conversions from my Call Only ads/Call Extensions, AND also from users who have been brought to my client's website from my ad, and then have called my client from a link on their website.

My question is twofold; what is the most effective way to set this all up?

And is there a way to separate the conversion tracking info so I know which phone call came directly from an ad, and which came from a click through to their website?

My understanding is that I will need to create a call extension, that is set-up with a tracking tag that can be coded into the website. But in order to set up separate tracking info that is directly from ads, will I need to use a different google forwarding number? How can I do all this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

How do I track phone conversions from both the client's website and directly from my ads?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Greg,

In Dimensions > Call Details, Google breaks down call data so you can see which are from ads and which are from your site. So there is no need to worry about that aspect.

Google assigns the forwarding numbers, and you have no control over which they use, but in my experience they will use the same number in ads and on your site.