AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I track form submission as a Conversion in Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created an ad campaign for a landing page & it has a form (Get Quote) to collect visitors name, email ID & messages from visitors. I don't have any confirmation pages. Acknowledgment message will be displayed on the same page. How can I implement conversion tracking for Adwords Campaign using Google Tag Manager? Is there any step by step guide?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arul

You can implement onclick script to your "send" button

All you need is here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6331304?hl=en

Re: How do I track form submission as a Conversion in Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Lukasz,

Thanks for your response. I gone through that guide. That guide is talking about adding a link to button to track the conversion.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not using any link for the button. If anybody click on the submit button it will show a thanks message on the same page. It will not redirect to any other page. So there is no possibility to add links to the button. Correct me If I'm wrong.

Let me explain in detail:

• I'm running a campaign for my landing page mywebsite.com/landing-page
  • This page has a contact form. This form has 3 fields Name, email ID & Message. Used validation for all 3 fields. Users will get confirmation only when they fill these 3 fields.
  • There is no thanks page or confirmation page after clicking the button "Send Now" . User will get a small confirmation message on the same page.
  • I want to track, how many visitors entering data into these fields, how many of them click Send Now button without entering 3 fields, how many of them filled 3 fields and finally clicked Send Now button.

Can I track those details?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arul

If it's possible to track such details. You need to use JS to track such events and I'm not sure how to do this.

For sure you can track clicks to button.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

In GTM you can make a trigger for form submissions. You attach that to a tag for an Analytics event. In Analytics you make a goal from the event, and then import it into AdWords.

https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6106961?hl=en#FormSubmit