AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I track convesions from my product listing ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't found a clear cut answer to this yet. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I track convesions from my product listing ads?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

What are you tracking as a conversion event?

If you are tracking sales, then a sale is a sale. If the PLA click results in a sale (conversion) then that campaign should get the conversion attributed to it. 

Do you need help with conversion tracking in general?

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

What is the level you want to track conversions at? Campaign, search term? Product level, maybe?

Campaigns, ad groups and search terms are visible in the AdWords interface. However, if you have created a Product Extension showing all your products in one ad group inside a campaign (All Products), you will only see the search term in AdWords, and you won't know the product on which the searcher clicked.

If you want to see information at product level, you either use adwords_grouping when creating your feed, and use one ad group and one product target per product, or you append a parameter to your PLA landing page URL through adwords_queryparam.

Then, in Google Analytics, you filter for those URL parameters (or create a segment and reuse it) and you'll see what landing pages received PLA traffic. And since you have (presumably) one landing page per product, you can track conversions and attribute them to the right product.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, you can track conversion by installing conversion tracking code on the thank you page.

You can find out the actual sales on analytics if you have installed ecommerce tracking on analytics.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems Purchase/Sale Conversion only can provide how many sales are triggered by clicking ads, and the number is sum, without the dimension of product level.

Any other way can track sales conversion based on product level, except for using GA code or adding remarketing lists for  visiting order confirmation page like "thank you.htm?product_id=xxx" for every product in PLA ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Daphne, what I am using for that purpose is the Conversions - E-Commerce - Product Performance in Analytics, which lists all products that were sold, and I add the Ad Group as the secondary dimension. As I'm using a good naming convention in my ad groups and campaigns I can then filter for PLA ad groups alone.

So in the end I get something like

• Product A - Ad group A
  • Product B - Ad group C
  • Product C - Ad Group X

in case people came via ads for products A, C and X and bought A, B and C (decided to buy something else after initially looking for a different product).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.