AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I target a specific group of people in a Country? Ex: Expats

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,
Although I think I've got my method right, I do need clarification.
I want to target a expats on my campaigns but unlike Facebook, it different.
-
How exactly can I target expats?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I don't think you have this particular direct option in Google AdWords. Although you can target various topics of interest, by demographics in Display Network, customer match using email address uploading etc..To be more specific, you can try to find out the domains of interest where your expats could exist and then add them under managed placements for more precise targeting.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheyzan N
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sheyazan,

In FB you can run Display campaign same as GDN. But unlike FB you won't be having an option of particularly targeting the expats or professional profile base. The only way you can target is using targeting methods.

1. Placement: Where you think your target audience will be visiting frequently. try to search those websites in targeting. Google will suggest related websites.

2. Topics: What all topics you think your target audience will be interested in. List all the topic in the AdWords.

3. Demographic ( Random & I won't Recommend unless you use it with above two methods): By Ages, Sex, Income, Place, Marital status etc.

You will get lot irrelevant traffic in GDN but still, there are chances that you can show your ads to the target audience.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Good info from @Vikash M & @pankaj1782.  Additionally, you can target them within the display campaign by using a keyword set.  In some markets that's a good targeting method.  It can have it's own ad group, so you can compare performance to other targeting methods. 

For example, I recently targeted a display campaign for "wood stair railings" ads using about 200 keywords. 

Another method would be to identify the geography within a city where the expats tend to live within a major city/metro area, and to target it, e.g. by postal code. Either exclusively, or by using bid modifiers to emphasize that part of the city. 

hth