AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I set up my tracking template in this example?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do i set up a tracking template when my third party tracking tool uses the following format https://example.com/?kt_type=ad&kt_s1=gaming&kt_st2=adwords&kt_st3=online-gaming

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kristen,

If example.com represents your domain, in the tracking template field use the below, replacing any of the values (e.g. gaming, online-gaming) with the variable that represents it. I couldn't tell what those represented so I didn't replace them.

{lpurl}?kt_type=ad&kt_s1=gaming&kt_st2=adwords&kt_st3=online-gaming

Regards,

David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

great thanks.  those variables are just different settings within the tracking tool.  so i don't need to use the custom parameters at all?  Do you have any documentation on when i would need to use the custom parameters or what value they add.  thank you.  Also can I use the auto tagging setting so that Google Analytics is enabled in addition to these tracking templates?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kristen,

Auto and manual tagging can get along nicely, but don't use the utm_* names at the same time as auto-tagging as that will double report certain numbers. It makes it very difficult to analyze.

Regards

Gyan