AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I remove spaces between keywords when using ValueTrack tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to remove the spaces in the keyword tags when using ValueTrack. I don't like having the "%20" filler characters show up in between the keywords. Example: "formation%20aviation"

How do I set up my ValueTrack keywords so that the spaces are replaced with dashes? Example: "formation-aviation"

Thank you very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I remove spaces between keywords when using ValueTrack tags

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jon,

Welcome to Adwords Community.

It is not possible to remove/replace %20 in value track keywords. You will see %20 in the place of spaces in between two keywords. To avoid this you have to remove space between two keywords. You should not replace with dashes or any other characters manually. If you do your tracking may not work properly.

Re: How do I remove spaces between keywords when using ValueTrack tags

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jon,

I agree with John Paul here. You cannot manually remove the spaces in between your valuetrack parameters as it can very well alter your URL. If you are using campaign, adgroup names in the tagged URL, you have to avoid using any spaces between words.

If you do not wish to remove spaces between the campaign/adgroup names, try using an udnerscore or a '-' between them. This will ensure your URL's do not have the '%20' fillers in your URL's.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"