AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I know if we own the Google Analytics account?

Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

An external partner are helping us with google adwords and google analytics. They have added me as an administrator so when I log into Google Analytics I can see our webisite traffic and do analysies on my own.

How can I find out if we own the Google Analytics account where I find all our history? In case we change supplier I do not want to risk to loose all history of visits...Can I see this when I'm logged in?

Thanks

Maria

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How do I know if we own the Google Analytics account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Maria,

If you own the domain for which the agency has created your Google Analytics account, that directly implies that you are the owner of that Google Analytics account. Additionally, the agency has given you the administrator rights, which is actually good and I believe an indication of Transparency.

Until and unless somebody deletes that Google Analytics account, the history will be preserved for that. Also, make sure that you have the correct analytics code installed on your website for proper web tracking and analysis purpose.

As this forum is dedicated to Adwords related queries, for more specific answer, you can post this question over Google Analytics Help Forum.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Maria,

I'm not sure if there is an official way but this is one way to do it:

1. Login to the Analytics profile for your website.
  2. Select the Admin tab in the top right hand corner of the interface.
  3. While within the Profiles tab select the Users tab below it.
  4. Identify which user in the list has an uneditable settings button, this is the owner of the account.

Did this partner create the Analytics account for you or did you give them initial access?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Maria,

If you own the domain for which the agency has created your Google Analytics account, that directly implies that you are the owner of that Google Analytics account. Additionally, the agency has given you the administrator rights, which is actually good and I believe an indication of Transparency.

Until and unless somebody deletes that Google Analytics account, the history will be preserved for that. Also, make sure that you have the correct analytics code installed on your website for proper web tracking and analysis purpose.

As this forum is dedicated to Adwords related queries, for more specific answer, you can post this question over Google Analytics Help Forum.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Maria,

I'm not sure if there is an official way but this is one way to do it:

1. Login to the Analytics profile for your website.
  2. Select the Admin tab in the top right hand corner of the interface.
  3. While within the Profiles tab select the Users tab below it.
  4. Identify which user in the list has an uneditable settings button, this is the owner of the account.

Did this partner create the Analytics account for you or did you give them initial access?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Sorry Pankaj, the phone rang mid-answer! Smiley Embarassed

Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Scott, however I cannot see a Profile tab and User tab on the page. Is that a sign of that I don't own the page?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Mia,

I have created a screenshot to help you find it, let me know if you don't have these options -