AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get the ads type (HTML5 or Flash) into the reports?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have created a bunch of ads for a Display campaign using the Adwords Display ad builder. 

The issue is, I have created the same ads in HTML5 and Flash, and the names in adwords are something like "Ad name: 728x90-leaderboard_2A.swf; 728 x 90 (HTML5)"

However, when I download the reports, the name becomes "Ad name: 728x90-leaderboard_2A.swf; 728 x 90" without the parenthesis specifying the format, so when I do a VLOOKUP with the data where I have the conversions, I have a lot of issues with duplications...

How can I append the format to the name of the ad? Is there any workaround for this issue?

Best,

Sandra

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandra C
September 2015

Re: How do I get the ads type (HTML5 or Flash) into the reports?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sandra,

Applying labels to the ads can help you to solve this problem. For more information on how to use Labels, visit here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2475865?hl=en

Once you have applied labels and download the report, there is no need of applying VLookup function to filter out specific ads.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Sandra,

The best way would be to rename the ads yourself. here is the step by step process:

Select the ad tab for that campaign (3rd tab at the top of the page)
Here you will see a listing of all ads within that campaign
Hover over each ad and in the top right hand corner you will see a pencil icon, click this
You will then be taken to an edit section and there is a field for ad name, rename you ad here.

Wash rinse and repeat.

You can of course select an ad group instead of the whole campaign in the first step if you wish to edit ad groups separately.

A bulk way to do this would be through the editor, if you are unfamiliar with the editor let me know and I will give you a step by step, using the export CSV current view and then uploadiing that file into adwords once done.

Good Luck

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Elegant solution Shafi!

Labelling is a nice solution as well, less time consuming if that is a major factor. Otherwise renaming makes identifying and working with reports some what easier in the long run, but of course is not viable in high load situations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks to both, guys. I finally used the labeling system as changing the names manually was really time consuming...