AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I find the tracking code for my website and add it to my Adwords Display Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I want to create a Display Campaign on YouTube but I am unable to find the tracking code that they ask me to add. Does anyone know how I find it?

Thanks!

Max

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I find the tracking code for my website and add it to my Adwords Display Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Social N,

My working assumption is that you wish to target YouTube with managed placements. (An alternate option is using video ads formats meant for reaching viewers on YouTube and the greater Display Network.) You are not supposed to add the code to your campaign, but to the "Thank you" page of your website that comes up for converted users.

To find the code, you are advised to go along this path: upper Tools tab / Conversions / +Conversions / Website / Complete form and Save. The conversion tag will appear at the bottom of the page, along with instructions. (The procedure may be slightly different depending on the type of your account and experience.)

Capture0jul27a.JPG

Best,

Lakatos

Re: How do I find the tracking code for my website and add it to my Adwords Display Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Capture.PNG

Hi,

Thank you so much for this! The only thing is when I create my Display Campaign there is this section (above image). That arrives and I just don't know where to find this tracking template URL nor the customer parameter?

Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks so much for your help!

Max

How do I find the tracking code for my website and add it to my Adwords Display Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Social N,

If what you need is a straight solution, some fun and an easy life, just leave them blank (the fields are optional) and follow the advice entered above.

Best,

Lakatos