AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I find out which ones of my keywords generate actual leads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been running Google adword campaigns for 2 years. When I receive an email with an enquiry generated by a lead it only shows me the adword group, but not the actual keyword. 

I need to see which exact keyword generated that lead so that I can optimize my campaigns. How/where can I see that?

I am not a tech pro, please explain in simple words Smiley Happy, thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I find out which ones of my keywords generate actual leads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gisela and welcome to the Community.

Where are you seeing the current data for the Ad Group?  Is this a Conversion inside the AdWords program itself or is it a Goal in Google Analytics?  Anything that can report the Ad Group can usually report the Keyword, but it depends upon where the information is being seen.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good question, Cobnut.

When I receive an email with an enquiry from a lead, it states on top of the message:
"Contact from ((my adword domain name/adword group))"

I don't know how else I can see which keywords generate leads, and don't know all the Google adword programs well unfortunately : (

Isn't there an easy way to see that?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Gisela,

It looks like you have a manual tag on your destination URL that identifies the AdGroup. Your webmaster set the email up to read the AdGrop from the URL and include it in the email inquiry.

You can add another Value Track item for keyword (keyword={keyword}) to your destination URL. That provides the keyword on which you bid that triggered the ad. (Not the actual search query). Then you webmaster can include that keyword in the email.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords