AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I check Bounce rate, Pages / session, Avg. session duration for each "search term" - Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys, 

I would like to filter our "search terms" for specifilc campaign. I would like to add some of them into to ad group, just there is a one problem. I would like to know, how relevant they are. Some of them did not bring conversion yet, but could be useful for future. Is there any chance I can see metrics like Bounce rate, Pages / session, Avg. session duration for each "search term"? How to add these columns in to results? 

search terms.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jozko P
May 2017

Re: How do I check Bounce rate, Pages / session, Avg. session duration for each "search ter

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jozko P,

If you wanted to evaluate the Analytics for "X" search terms that triggered "X" keywords and analyze the bounce rate, pages/session, etc then this granular data is only available in Analytics.

Just like @Andy M referenced, you need to have your Analytics and Adwords linked up and "auto tagging" enabled in Adwords.

In Google Analytics, now you can simply filter: Acquisition < Adwords < Search Queries

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.28.03 PM.png

And select Acquisition < Keywords as your secondary dimension.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.29.12 PM.png

Now you will have a full report that shows your search terms that triggered specific keywords and the Analytical data (bounce rates, pages/session, data). And if you have created "goals" in Analytics then you now have a visible road map of which keywords are converting based off the search queries that triggered them.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

How do I check Bounce rate, Pages / session, Avg. session duration for each &quot;search term&quot; - Adwords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Yes you can, for keywords NOT search terms, but you need to connect your Adwords and Analytics accounts together first.

1) Ensure you have access to both Adwords & Analytics via the same login

2) In analytics go to the Adwords linking section and connect an Adwords account, see http://d.pr/i/EYqlN/5YGPBGfe

3) Go to your adwords account and go to Linked Accounts in account settings (click on the cog), choose the analytics option and 'set up link' for the correct property, see http://d.pr/i/smoZN/odqLq6Vi

4) You should then have the option to import site metrics, hit that

5) You will then have the analytics site metrics columns available to you in Adwords, see http://d.pr/i/y6r2i/1DO8ouzm

You can then filter keywords by bounce rate, time on site etc.

If you have the option available to you in analytics you could also create smart goals based on analytics data, which aren't conversions as such but are supposed to identify better performing visitors based on site usage and other metrics. You could then import these goals in Adwords, so you can track conversions and smart goals by keyword. Smart goals - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6153083?hl=en-GB&utm_id=ad

Andy

How do I check Bounce rate, Pages / session, Avg. session duration for each &quot;search term&quot; - Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Andy, 

thanks. Yes, we already did that. Just it is not available for "search terms" dataSmiley Sad http://prntscr.com/fao318

So I guess it is not possible...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jozko P
May 2017

Re: How do I check Bounce rate, Pages / session, Avg. session duration for each &quot;search ter

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jozko P,

If you wanted to evaluate the Analytics for "X" search terms that triggered "X" keywords and analyze the bounce rate, pages/session, etc then this granular data is only available in Analytics.

Just like @Andy M referenced, you need to have your Analytics and Adwords linked up and "auto tagging" enabled in Adwords.

In Google Analytics, now you can simply filter: Acquisition < Adwords < Search Queries

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.28.03 PM.png

And select Acquisition < Keywords as your secondary dimension.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.29.12 PM.png

Now you will have a full report that shows your search terms that triggered specific keywords and the Analytical data (bounce rates, pages/session, data). And if you have created "goals" in Analytics then you now have a visible road map of which keywords are converting based off the search queries that triggered them.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you a lot, 

It is working pretty wellSmiley Happy

Have a nice day!