AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How come there is traffic data when our website was down?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Our website was down - unhosted, nonexistent in every sense - for two weeks. How come there is still analytics data (visits and bounces etc) for this period?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How come there is traffic data when our website was down?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi " ", and welcome to the Community.  The only possible answer is that the GA code was still being triggered somewhere.

What data do you see for Landing Pages (Content -> Site Content - Landing Pages) or just "All Pages", that should give you a clue.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: How come there is traffic data when our website was down?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Another possibility is that someone scraped your website content and was ... well, naive enough to leave the tracking code in it as well.

If it's triggered from another domain you can see it by adding "Hostname" as the second dimension in your Landing pages report (in case the copycat's landing pages are the same).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.