AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How come my conversion rate is incorrect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the following data:

http://i.imgur.com/Nqghq1o.png

Conversion Rate = conversion clicks / clicks = 3 / 443 = 0.6772%

How come the conversion rate in my data is calculated as 0.69%?  Am I missing something here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How come my conversion rate is incorrect?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jake.
Click-conversion rate is the number of converted clicks divided by your total clicks that can be tracked to a conversion expressed as a percentage.

So:
3/433*100/1 =0.69

So 0.69% of your clicks actually converted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where did you get 433 from? It should be 3/443 = 0.67%.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Oh, you're talking about the .0138 percent discrepancy?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jake,

There is a slight discrepancy there, but I would not worry too much about it. It is likely a case of refunded clicks that have not reflected on your click count yet but which has been factored into the google conversion calculation.

It is likley that google has identified some clicks that fit their refund algorithm with you will be refunded for by the end of the month but it has not shown this on your clicks. Wait till the end of the month and then look at the stats.

I, myself has seen slight discrepancies before that usually sort themselves out at a later stage once all data delays have been accounted for.