AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can you measure the effectiveness of ad planning?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Two weeks ago I started with ad planning in one of my campaigns. I set the bid higher during 17.00h and 22.00h in week days.  Now, two weeks later, I would like to measure the effectiveness of this action. Does anyone an idea what the best way is to do this? 

I analysed the specific campaign in Google Analytics by focussing on the last two weeks in comparison two the two weeks before that, but I'm not sure if this is the correct way, because it is not very detailed and you miss the contributing conversions, Can anyone give me some suggestions or more (detailed) analyzing advice?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Genya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can you measure the effectiveness of ad planning?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Genya V,

An alternative you may want to do is apply the following settings with regard to the time frame.

Capture0jul27.JPG

Just select the past 2 weeks and apply ON to Compare. You probably know that the metrics can be selected for display under the Columns tab. Hope it will be sufficiently detailed for your purposes.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply!

Do you know if there's also anther way of analyzing the data? Maybe in AdWords?

Because with this technique you miss the contributing conversions, right?

Kind regards,

Genya

Re: How can you measure the effectiveness of ad planning?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Genya V,

Under the Columns tab you can find and select 14 attributions metrics. None of them will be lost when you switch to comparison mode as discussed above.

Displaying 2 of them below.

Capture0jul31.JPG

Hope it helps a bit.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah yes of course, thanks!