AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can my client see that clicks have been delivered?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running an ad for my client and he wants to track clicks to his website. How do i do that ? Can i add his analystic account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Jorg, 

#1 You can connect his Google Analytics account with the AdWords account. To do this, please check out the following: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en 

#2 In general a click from one on your AdWords ads is a click to your clients website unless your looking at sometime like YouTube or Gmail Sponsored Promotions ads and then it gets more complicated. 

Let me know if this answers your question! 

- Josh 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In addition to the good tips from @Joshua R, you can run a report from within AdWords and send it to your client as a pdf file.  For example, on the keywords page you can download; and on the reports tab you can generate reports. 

Here is a good way to generate a quick report:  Go to the Ad Groups, Ad, and Keyword tab and download them in .csv format.  Then open a Google Sheet and import each of them on a separate tab (worksheet).  Sort on the appropriate column; apply formatting (e.g. freeze the first two rows/bold; color highlight important cells, etc); share file with clients, then annotate with comments. When appropriate, create chart or paste screenshots of the mini-graphs from the AdWords management interface.

Keep in mind that AdWords data needs to "settle" for about 8 hours after the day ends, in that timezone, in order for reporting and post-processsing (e.g. click washing) to take place and settle out.

hth