AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can do testing two adverts side by side to see which one performs?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi, split testing looks a good way to continually monitor which is working better for continuous improvement.  Does anyone have any advice on this and or instructions on how to do this please?  I am in the process of setting up my first account for my man and van furniture removals businesses. Regards, Will.

Re: How can do testing two adverts side by side to see which one perfo

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ! Welcome to the Community !

There is a new tool available called Adwords Experiments (in short ACE)

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/ace.html

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

The best way to do split testing is create and Ad copy then create similar ad copy with slight change in headline or description  line 1 or 2.

Hope you understood it. I am sure others will provide more detailed answer with examples. 

-Syed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Split testing ads is essential in order to get the most out of your AdWords account. We're constantly testing one ad against another in order to figure out what's working and what's not.

The best way to do it is to first come up with 2 engaging adtexts. Test these against each other for a few week (make sure you allow enough data to build up) and choose the best one. Once you've picked one, copy that same ad with one difference. This could be a different headine, a different call to action, a different display URL or different unique selling points in the description. It is important not to change to much in the adtext.

If you keep using 2 completely different ads, it's easy to see which works better but it will difficult to see exactly what works and what doesn't in each ad. That's fine at the start when you don't have any data to base decisions on, but once you've identified an effective adtext it should be more about refining it more than coming up with something completely different each time. Let the data make decisions for you.

Best of luck.