AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I view counts for individual conversions by keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to see *which* conversions are more common for various keywords.

When I click to the keywords tab, I can see total conversions, rate, cost etc, but the totals cover all conversions. I want to see out of my conversions for a given keyword, how many of those were "add to basket" (for example).

Is this possible in the adwords UI, and how?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How can I view counts for individual conversions by keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Did you try moving to Tools and Analysis Tab>>Conversions? Here, when you click on the required action (i.e. lead, cost etc...), you will see a list of goal completion URLs  (like add to basket, contact thanks page, check out success etc....where the script is actually present).

Now once you are aware of this report, then go to keywords tab, click on Download.  Now before creating the report, click on segment, select conversion>>conversion action name. Then create the report. Now once the report is done, you can easily identify which keyword converted for which action name (i.e. lead, sale etc...) You can associate that required action name with the website URL which triggered the conversion.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for pointing out the report download functionality, I wasn't aware of it.

However, I still have a problem getting at the information I'm after. If I download a report with no additional segments, it works fine. If I add in segment Conversions > Conversion Action Name, then report that I download is completely empty.

I presume this is a bug in Adwords?

Here is an example report, which is basically empty apart from headers:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16453083/Keyword%20report%20%284%29.csv

I could really do with this information so any advice appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Were you able to generate this report? I'm trying to do exactly the same as you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help!!!