AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I turn off my remarking tag completely

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received an email about a disapproved list. I think it was disabled from what I can tell because my website is a dating website and that falls under the prohibited items I think.

I would like to turn off my retracking code completely. I am not sure how to do this as I do not even have the snippet of code shown in use and only have the analytics tracking code being used. 

Any ideas how I can do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert M
September 2015

Re: How can I turn off my remarking tag completely

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Robert,

Let me try and help you with this.

1) Go to 'Shared Library' section (look to your left pane where you can see a list of all campaigns and just below that you will see the tab)

2) Next, Go to Audiences 

3) You will now see list of all the list that are present in your account

4) Look for the list that is active on your website. It should be reporting members in the list under the 'List Size' column

5) Now look for the 'Membership Status' column in the list table. Refer the screenshot below

Remarekting List deactivate.png

6) Now you just need to click on the 'Open' drop down and choose 'Closed' to stop recording the traffic via the remarketing tag

This should ideally deactivate your tag on the website. Nevertheless, you can also get in touch with your tech department and ask them to pull off the code snippet completely. Once you have taken any of these steps you need to send your account back for review so that you can get it started again.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert M
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Robert,

Let me try and help you with this.

1) Go to 'Shared Library' section (look to your left pane where you can see a list of all campaigns and just below that you will see the tab)

2) Next, Go to Audiences 

3) You will now see list of all the list that are present in your account

4) Look for the list that is active on your website. It should be reporting members in the list under the 'List Size' column

5) Now look for the 'Membership Status' column in the list table. Refer the screenshot below

Remarekting List deactivate.png

6) Now you just need to click on the 'Open' drop down and choose 'Closed' to stop recording the traffic via the remarketing tag

This should ideally deactivate your tag on the website. Nevertheless, you can also get in touch with your tech department and ask them to pull off the code snippet completely. Once you have taken any of these steps you need to send your account back for review so that you can get it started again.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry for the late reply. The column says closed already and under the Audience name it says "Disabled due to policy violation" so what I did was deleted the campaign that used this. My account was never stopped and everything else is working ok still so I think I am in the clear from deleting the campaign that was using this list.

I liked the idea of the remarking but as I said in my question I think "dating websites" fall under a prohibited category for the remarking.

Thanks for your detailed response Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Glad you were able to figure this out on your own Robert. Good going!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,