AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I track Keywords without changing existing URLs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have existing Ads and keywords attached to it. The URLs does not contain the keywords. How can we track keywords with each click without changing the AD URLs? Or is it even possible?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I track Keywords without changing existing URLs?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Track the keywords were? In Google Analytics? Marketo? Where do you want to see this KW data?

For analytics no tagging is necessary you want to have your data auto tagged and your Analytics account linked to your adwords account some level of data will pass into Analytics.

If you are trying to pass keyword data into a different platform i.e .Marketo or salesforce, then tagging may be necessary and that would be something like ?keyword={keyword} but that is just an example you may want to code your parameter differently or may need to setup hidden fields to pass data like that. Here is info to help https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: How can I track Keywords without changing existing URLs?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi rum v,

If you want the keyword sent with the destination URL, you will need to add the {keyword} Value Track parameter as Kim suggested.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords