AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I track 2 or more different kind of conversions in my app?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I created 2 different kind of conversion for my app, one is iOS installs (first time open) and the other one is in app purchases. 

Now I want to track installs and purchases indipendetely, how to do?

If I add both conversions into the conversion column, those conversion data will be mixed, right?

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 5.19.58 PM.png

In this case If 3 users install and one of them makes a purchase I will get 4 conversions into my conversion column?

Should I check include in conversion only for one kind of conversion? How would I track the other one?

Re: How can I track 2 or more different kind of conversions in my app?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In my understanding, yes you will have all of them mixed in the conversion column, but you can segment them.
So, you can add both conversions, and them segment by conversion name to know which specific action led to a conversion.

Hope this helps!
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en).
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2370266?hl=en

Re: How can I track 2 or more different kind of conversions in my app?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @HomeBA_A,

In addition to segmentation (which is something you will constantly need to set up to view the 2 conversion counts separately) is to set up custom columns. First select the columns button, click modify and select custom columns located at the bottom. Then create a new custom column selecting the column type (conversions) and then choose conversion name and do so twice, once for each conversion type.

Then you can add these custom columns to your viewable columns so they will show every time you log in.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick