AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I stop Google spamming my cell phone with Adwords spam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My cell phone is spammed by Google with stupid Adwords spam - either with Adwords Team spam or US Lottery Visa spam. How can I eliminayte this spam once for good?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I stop Google spamming my cell phone with Adwords spam?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Jan;

Well... You know, it all depends on the POV. You  see ads (by Adwords) as a "distraction", others would see ads as choices  for consumers... (Depending on one's POV... Smiley Surprised ) Anyway, we rather not get into this discussion,  since it will not bring us to the outcome you are looking for.

Ads are essential  to the financial support  of websites which distribute content. Hence, you cannot opt out of seeing ads. However, you can opt out form interest  based  ads.  (Ads tailored to you,  based on your online behavior - aka, behavioral advertising). You could opt out of interest based ads  on your ads settings sections of your Google account. Note: this will apply only to "ads by Google".

If you reside in the EU, Google is part of an online initiative "your online choices ". You could choose to opt out,  from certain ad networks/ advertisers, (other than Google) which distribute behavioral advertising.  However, - this does not mean that  you will not see any ads.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tolerate *small* ads from free applications on my cell phone (those application which offer paid full version which is ad free).

What I do not tolerate is spamming my cell phone Gmail inbox with Adwords spam about Adwords (specially stupid spam, since my phone is registered in Poland - and this spam comes from UK). Another annoying spam is about US Visa lottery.

I followed all required steps to opt out from Google ads; spam from Adwords appears to be ignoring Google opt-out settings.

Needless to say it is hardly probable that Adwords spam about Adwords is "interest based"...

Free phone support: 0800 169 0470 * Try Google AdWords today,
with £75 credit.

Create your first ad today and reach customers at the exact moment
they're searching online for the things you offer.

Why Google AdWords?   Attract more customers

Whether you're looking to bring in new website visitors, grow online sales,
get the phones ringing or keep customers coming back for more, Google
AdWords can help.

Reach the right people at the right time

Your business gets found by people on Google precisely when they're
searching for the things that you offer.

Advertise locally or globally

Target your ads to customers in certain countries, regions or cities
-- or within a set distance from your business or shop.

If you need us, we're here

Google AdWords lets you manage your campaign by yourself, or you can
call us for free expert set up and support on 0800 169 0470 *

£75 welcome offer

Get an extra £75 worth of Google ads when you spend £25. Just fill out
the form below and we'll email your offer code.

Terms and conditions for this offer
  • You are eligible for promotional credit if you are new to AdWords and have an AdWords account which is less than
    14 days old at the time that you enter your promotional code.

• In order to activate this offer, you need to enter the promotional code through the Billing tab in your account.

• Promotional codes have no promotional value and entry of the promotional code serves only to begin your qualification for the associated promotional credit.

• To qualify for the promotional credit you must accrue advertising charges to the amount of £25 within 31 days of entering your promotional code (taxes may apply).

• Your account must be successfully billed by AdWords and remain in good standing in order to qualify for a promotional credit.

• The promotional credit will be applied within approximately 5 days of your account reaching the threshold for accrued advertising charges specified above, as long as you've activated your account using the promotional code and fulfilled all requirements stated in the offer. Once applied, the promotional credit will appear on the Billing summary page in your account.

• Please read terms and conditions.

* Free service. Mon - Fri, 9am. - 6pm. Offer limited to new advertisers based in the United Kingdom. Support is available in English only and subject to business and website qualification.

Use AdWords to grow your business. Start with a £75 offer

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

thar opt-out is for opting-out of using individual interests
to determine which ads are shown -- opt-out does not
mean opting out of ads altogether or similar.
https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922

generally, companies offer paid, ad-free, versions of (mail) services.
https://support.google.com/a/answer/175121

that said, this forum is for help with purchasing paid advertising.

help with the free version of gmail -- including issues related to
ads appearing for google related products on mobile gmail --
is currently here:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail