AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I see adwords conversions and value in adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, I have an e-commerce site (www.ikwilzitzakken.nl) and I am trying to set-up AdWords so I can see the ROI. I spend hours with setting up my tracking code on the thank-you page, but I didn't get it to work. Someone told me that when I set-up a pageview goal in Analytics - then import that goal into AdWords - it should all go fine then. I tried, but this doesn't work either. I do see conversions in Analytics, but not in Adwords. I did see conversions in Adwords before, but not value.

Anyone got any idea? Not a problem if you send me an invoice (but let me hear your price first), I wish someone could finally help me out.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I see adwords conversions and value in adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dennis v there's probably two different problems here.  If you saw conversions using the AdWords tracking, but saw no value, that's probably just a problem with the code snippet itself not containing a value (or containing a value that's not formatted correctly) and usually that's pretty easy to solve if you can examine the code of the thank you page and look at the actual snippet.  With Analytics, if you're seeing conversions and values in Analytics, but they're not being imported to AdWords, that's usually a problem with linking the two and you'll need to make sure AdWords and Analytics are linked correctly.

As for which method you should use, there are pros and cons for both.  Using AdWords tracking is more immediate, as you'll have to wait up to two days to see imported data from Analytics.  However, using AdWords separately does mean you may find it difficult to reconcile the two sets of conversion data.  Using Analytics means the data should be the same, but you have that delay in reporting.

These help pages may assist: Linking Analytics and Adding Conversion Values

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

How can I see adwords conversions and value in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for your reply. 
I asked my developer to install tag manager on my site, is it hard to set this up? I want to be 100% sure everything works fine. Are there any experts who do this? 

Thanks in advance