AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I remarket to people who opened an email with image ads using the AdWords remarketing code?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

The client says that the last agency they worked with was able to do this and I am unfamiliar with how. Is there some way I can alter the remarketing code to make it fire in an email? How can I point image ads to those people in the AdWords interface?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

How can I remarket to people who opened an email with image ads using the AdWords remarketing code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Christopher,

The standard way this is done is if the contents of the HTML email are delivered in an iframe and the remarketing code is in the iframe'd content. There are a bunch of things wrong with this approach but that's the way most people I know do it. 

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

What are you aware of that is wrong with this approach? Also, how would I make a remarketing list for these people in AdWords?