AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I measure if clicks on my AdWords converts into a visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I measure if clicks on my AdWords (search and display) converts into regular visitors?

It might be that people click my AdWord but do not buy anything. But for me it is also worth something if they become regular visitors of my site. So it would be nice to know how many re-visits a click on an Adoword will generate.

Re: How can I measure if clicks on my AdWords converts into a visitor

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Mikkel S,

The best way to see this is to link your Adwords Account with Google Analytics. In Google Analytics you can see data about new and return visits.

maybe it's interesting for you that you can make goals in Analytics about the minimum time visitors did spend on your website, or how many visitors visits a certain amount of webpages, Or about other actions a visitor can do on your website.
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

No with Google Adwords you can't track your re visitor or regular visitors. Once you connect your Adwords account to your Analytics account you can get all traffic data s well as regular visitor also with detailed data.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Yes revisitors are Good for website and search ranking but not from Adwords. Adwords has a mechanism name "invalid Clicks". Google Adwords counts all unnecessary and fake clicks and treats as a invalid clicks, also return your money spend on invalid clicks.

If user will click your ad for multiple times then Adwords can treat it as a invalid click.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

Don't forget to give a star if you find something helpful to you Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Can´t you do that with report New and returning visitors, segment Paid search traffic.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To find out how many times your Paid visitors return you can use the "Frequency and Recency" Report from Analytics. Just make sure that you click "Advanced Segments" and select only "Paid search traffic" , otherwise you will see also the behaviour of organic visitors.

frequency-paid-search.png

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, Adrian,

Nice to see the picture. That was what i meant. segment Paid search traffic.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to see why it said "Paid search traffic" and not "Paid traffic" because I also have a lot of visitors from Display Campaigns and some of them are returning.

Interesting enough that report really shows only visitors from Search and counts how many times they have returned. No info about visitors from Display.

In Analytics if you Click on Campaigns then choose a Display Campaign, the placements column says "Paid Search Traffic".

For the Display Campaign I was only able to see how many returning visitors there are with the advanced segment " Visitor Type Equals Returning visitor "

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,
Maybe you have to make your own segment with medium=cpc and other medium you want to see.
Sorry, I can´t test it myself now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Tahnk you for valuable input.
I did the "Frequency and Recency" -> Paid search traffic.
But then I tried to make the advanced segment: medium=cpc (just to see if it made a different. And it did not. I got the exact same numbers as when I used "Paid search traffic"
So I guess that "Paid search traffic" are including both search and display?