AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I add a Google Forwarding Number to my Call Extenstion?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been using Call Extensions to a mobile number for some time and would like to change this to use Google Forwarding so we can differentiate from 'real' calls.

I have setup a 'Calls from Ads' Conversion type however when I try and add a call extension, I am only presented with the option to add my own number, and not use Google Forwarding as per https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052#setup

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jacob,

Google's help page is out of date. Recent changes mean that Call Forwarding is no longer mentioned. All you do now is turn call reporting on, and then "a Conversion action will be created to track your call conversions". Even though it doesn't say so, it is call forwarding. It is strange that Google is not more upfront about this, because call forwarding is a wonderful, free feature of AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the swift reply. So I 'believe' that the calls have been being tracked as conversions previously, does this mean now that I have setup the Calls from Ads conversion type I will be able to differentiate the calls from the other conversions I have setup?

Will it give me call duration and other information about the calls?

Cheers,

Jake

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you go to Dimensions > Call Details you can see all the calls that have been tracked by Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again Rob, when I choose Call details its throwing an error, I'll give it a day to refresh and see how I go.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It is giving me an error today as well.