AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How are users in audience list being tracked in the following scenarios?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm figuring out the best way for my client to manage the audience list. The client does not want the user stats/actions to be deleted if they manipulate the list by deleting/re-adding all user hashes, due to their internal management. For example,
if johndoe@gmail.com is in an audience list, the client deletes all the users, and re-adds
johndoe@gmail.com and all other users. Is johndoe@gmail.com still being tracked as if not deleted in the first place? Is there a lag to compose the list that causes johndoe@gmail.com not being tracked for a period of time?

Another example: johndoe@gmail.com clicks in August and in audience list. He is deleted from the list in Sept. Then, he's added back to the list in Oct, and he converts in Oct. Would he be counted as conversion to the list?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How are users in audience list being tracked in the following scenarios?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Poki,

Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Re: How are users in audience list being tracked in the following scenarios?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Yes, I do! If you can give me some insights or direct me to the right person/group/community, I'd greatly appreciate!

I'm also thinking about possible lag time after upload. I've heard a "rumor" saying, after uploading the audience list, it would take 24 hours to take effect. Is that true? If yes, wiping out the entire list and re-uploading doesn't seem feasible.

Thank you, Cassie!

Poki