AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How are the results in keywords detail sorted?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How are the results in keywords detail sorted? I know I can sort on any column but, when I first access the details, the results are sorted but they are not sorted on any of the columns. I was looking for a way to sort on the date of the result and couldn't find one but I think the original display of the results are sorted by date. Does anyone know if that is true?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How are the results in keywords detail sorted?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Techmom,

Thank you for posting on Community forum. I'm not quite clear on how your viewing and sorting your keywords detail. Are you viewing in your AdWords account? Or as an exported .csv file? 

Have you tried using AdWords Editor to view your keywords details? If not, I recommend you try it out. 

You can download it here: http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/adwordseditor

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Techmom
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for your answer. I am not downloading the results. On the keyword tab, if I click on Details, Search Terms, All the results are shown with no column available to indicate date. I just reviewed and it looks like they are now always sorted on the last column sort I chose which is added/excluded. I was hoping for a way to find out when the keyword was used. I can close this discussion as there is no way to find the date. I'll accept this post as my answer.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Techmom
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Techmom,

Ok I understand now what your looking for. I found a way you can view the keywords and what search terms triggered it with the date. Follow these steps:

1. In the same location as Keyword tab, click on the Details / Search Terms / All.

2. Now click on the Columns button / Customize columns. Make sure Keywords is added under Performance metrics.

3. Now click on the Segment button. Choose Time / Day. Once enabled, you should now be able to see the date listed under Search Term and the Keyword column viewable with the keyword associated with the Search term. (see sample screen shot)

Please let me know if this answers your question. 

Keywords Seawrch Terms Date.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Perfect! Thank you. That works well.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Your welcome!