AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How To Import Analytics Ecommerce Sale Data To AdWords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

A client has ecommerce tracking setup for analytics. It's recording info such as order value etc.

In AdWords we have the conversion for online sales as an imported goal from analytics. Is there a way to pull the conversion value data from the analytics goal into AdWords?

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Re: How To Import Analytics Ecommerce Sale Data To AdWords?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Robert,

If in AdWords, you go to Tools -> Conversions you'll see your conversion list and a button "Import from Analytics". If everything is setup correctly, you should be able to import your e-commerce transactions (and associated data) using that import button and use them as conversion instead of your goals.

Note that adwords & analytics accounts need to be linked, data-sharing and auto-tagging enabled. You can find a full explanation and procedure here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok that is already set up. I think the setting I needed to change within the AdWords conversion tab was :

The value of this conversion action is managed in Analytics
>
- Use the currency provided with the value in Analytics

Can you confirm? Thanks.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ah yes, I understood you had a regular goal defined on top of the ecommerce transaction.

Enabling "The value of this conversion action is managed in Analytics" should do the trick then.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great. Thanks Ken. I will review in 48 hours to see if it's working!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'm wondering if there are any other workarounds to get ecommerce data tracking to the keyword level when you go to Acquisition > AdWords > Keywords. 

I've tried importing the conversions and other things suggested here, and would greatly appreciate any insight into how to solve this. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

You have posted in someone's help thread that is from way back in the past.

This thread is now closed to new replies.

If you need assistance please make a new thread with relevant information about your specific needs with AdWords. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you for your understanding.