AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How To Find Out The Reasons Behind Less Impressions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently took over an AdWords account. The account has been doing very well and I want to continue the success.

However, I saw that some ad groups (that was doing extremely well) all of a sudden dropped to 0 clicks and 0 impressions, and of course 0 conversions. It is inside a Display Network only - All features campaign.

I asked the person who managed the account before me, but has no idea why or how that happened.

As you can see, it was doing well and all of a sudden it drops to 0 clicks and 0 impressions.

I tried looking at "Change History", but I don't see much except the usual placement exclusion/keyword adding/ etc. No drastic changes in bids or placements or anything like that.

There are also many other campaigns that have been and are running without any problems.

My question is, how can I go about finding out the exact reasons behind this? Is there a way I can look at the keywords/placements/remarketing of the ad group as if it was 2 months ago?

Ultimately I want to restart gaining clicks and conversions again.

Please help me keep my job. Thank you so much for your time!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How To Find Out The Reasons Behind Less Impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there ;

I understand that this is on the DN only;

• Has the bid been changed? Check that.
  • Start by targeting only a few managed placements, only - sites that you know are relevant for the business and your ads should appear;
  • Add a few keywords for contextual targeting and make sure that the bid is OK;

Let us know the results;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I still do not know the reason.

OK, the graph I attached was for one of the ad groups. But the bigger problem is that the campaign as a whole is declining also.

Some bids have been changed, but we are running 10+ campaigns with 100+ ad groups, so a few bid change should not affect us THAT much. (7 days ago: $6000 spent/136 conversions; yesterday:$1546 spent/36 conversions)

I understand your opinion on few managed placements. But the account has been doing fine without any changes to placements, and the downfall started all of a sudden without us making any changes in placements.

Keywords also have not been changed.

The number of impressions also went down from 3~4 million to under 1 million.

I looked everywhere on "Change History" but nothing much happened.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The best way is to work by elimination. You might never know the reason...So, the best way is to start "ramping" the campaign back to its previous stage,  step by step

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe,

I thought a lot of people would have the same problem. But I can see why it is difficult to pin point to a specific reason.

We decided to create a completely new campaign and see how it does. Thank you again Moshe!