AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How To Add Dynamic Conversion Tracking Value

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

I want to set Dynamic Conversion Tracking Value for of my clients Ecommerce Store. The place where i am stuck is with this part.

"To add conversion tracking code to PHP pages using your web page editor, look to the code below, then remove from your own code the lines that are crossed out, and manually add the areas that are highlighted"

This is the highlighted part which should be replaced within the existing code:

if (<? echo $totalValue ?>) {

var google_conversion_value = <? echo $totalValue ?>

}

Following is the link from where I got some help on Tracking Value but still didn’t understood much.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#values _______________________________________________________

Now my question is what is the “total Value” that I should add in the code or I am suppose to keep it as it is and rest of the part will be done automatically by the code i.e. fetching up the values automatically for individual products when the purchase has been made by Adwords click.

I am not fond of coding so please explain me in detail (Step by Step) so that I can explain it to my developer.

Thanks in Advance.

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Re: How To Add Dynamic Conversion Tracking Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
the only one thing you need to do with your code is to change the "totalValue" string by the real name of the variable containing value of the purchase (best without delivery and VAT) on your website.

For example, when customer buy something on your website, on the conversion page you show him some information like "Thank you for purchasing... Total price was 123 .... We will contact you soon... Bye". The number "123" (total value) is always kept in some variable (and then saved to your database). So you need to know the name of the variable containg "123" (your programmer should, because it will be somewhere in PHP code).

Re: How To Add Dynamic Conversion Tracking Value

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Petra,

I have a similar situation where we would need dynamic conversion tracking. We run offers at Commission Junction (CJ) and a significant amount of the traffic is from Adwords.  Is it possible to track converting ads/keywords for my offers without the need to use the Google Adwords API?  I am thinking of some sort of  postback URL using PHP where I can capture and populate the amount of sale/lead, as well as time, and name of offer in order to arrive at some cost/conversion in Adwords.  CJ does allow the SID URL parameter to pass from my ads.

I'd love to get some insight into this and whether or not we can do this without the Adwords API.  Can you share some whitepages on this?

Thanks,
Marlon

How To Add Dynamic Conversion Tracking Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Marlon,  did you ever get this set up via CJ?  I'm looking to set up the same for my site.