AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How Google structure my destination url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When user visits to my website I want to know this user came from google ad. So I need parameters which google adds to destination url?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Surayyo K
September 2015

Re: How Google structure my destination url?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Surayyo,
Are you asking what Google uses as an AdWords redirect when it drives AdWords Clicks to your site?  If so, it is impossible to know exactly all the parameters that are in Google redirects.

If you're just wondering how you can track your AdWords visitors different than other site traffic, then I recommend you use a third party analytics tool, such as Google Analytics.    Using Google Analytics you can segment all your site's traffic by source.

While Google will run all clicks from their Search Results Pages through redirects for tracking purposes, they'll never append any parameters to your final Destination URL, unless you have Auto Tagging turned on.

Does this help?

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Surayyo,

You can find the click data in the 'Clicks' column in Adwords , which will give you the number of clicks your ads received.

You can also link your Adwords and Analytics accounts to track complete customer behavior.

Once your Adwords and analytics accounts are linked and 'auto tagging' enabled, the system will track complete user behavior after ad click. You don't need to manually add tracking parameters.

Find detailed information here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Deepak

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you are using auto-tagging (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3095550?hl=en) feature, whenever someone clicks your Google ad, one parameter i.e. gclid is appended to your destination URL.

And in case you have linked your AdWords with Analytics, the data will automatically be collected inside the analytics interface, which you can review and see for different important metrics like average time duration, bounce rate etc...

Apart from this you can use manual tagging also to track AdWords data under Google Analytics.https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033863

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Thanks anyway!

During google redirecting to my website url will be like that: google.com/abcdeldjfsljssdf.......

I want to know how and which parameters added to my destination url. I want to know user visited by my ad in google or other ways. I want to know this in my code! Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Surayyo K
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Surayyo,
Are you asking what Google uses as an AdWords redirect when it drives AdWords Clicks to your site?  If so, it is impossible to know exactly all the parameters that are in Google redirects.

If you're just wondering how you can track your AdWords visitors different than other site traffic, then I recommend you use a third party analytics tool, such as Google Analytics.    Using Google Analytics you can segment all your site's traffic by source.

While Google will run all clicks from their Search Results Pages through redirects for tracking purposes, they'll never append any parameters to your final Destination URL, unless you have Auto Tagging turned on.

Does this help?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Surayyo,

In your code, look for the presence of a gclid value in the query string of the incoming request. This is the most reliable method of identifying AdWords clicks. Auto-tagging must be enabled, which it is by default.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords