AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How Do People Track Sales After Forms Completed On Non-Ecommerce sites?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently advertising cars through PPC on a non-ecommerce site. My aim is to get people to complete a form on the site. From this another department rings the customer to take them through the details of the sale and financial checks.
Using Google analytics I am able to see how many forms have been completed but at it is not an e-commerce site I cannot see how many of my goal completions turn into conversions.

Does any one use any software that could do something like this (eg assigning unique ids that can be followed through the sales funnel) or knows how to achieve something like this?

If so could you let me know more about it and how it works?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is an offline conversion tracking in Adwords that made exactly this kind of reporting possible

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Read the link above. The pertinent part is:

AdWords provides you with a unique ID, called a "GCLID," for every click that comes to your website from an AdWords ad. To track offline conversions, you'll save that ID along with whatever lead information you collect from the person who clicked your ad.

You need your web developer to capture this piece of information and pass it through as a hidden field in the form.