AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How Can I See Where My Display Networks Ads Are Showing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So I have finally been getting some impressions on my Display Network ad campaign.  I'm up to 12 now.

They only seem to show at night though.  As I've not done any scheduling, I think that this must be because others are bidding more than I am and they ARE using scheduling which turn their ads off at night and allow mine to show though.

Can anyone tell me how I can find exactly where my ads have shown?  I'm using site placements, so I know which sites they will be on, but I'd like to see which pages were selected for display and to see how relevent to my ad they were.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Re: How Can I See Where My Display Networks Ads Are Showing?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Good question , this is a common concern with most advertisers.

Unfortunately there is no Ad Preview feature for the Display Network, but you can look at the Placement URL report to see exactly at what pages your ads were shown ( with a delay of 24-48 hours after they show). This is specified here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1247865?hl=en

"The Placement URL view lets you see how well your ads perform on specific URLs, for example, the top-level sports page within a news site. "

There is also this feature as a "secondary dimension" in Google Analytics in the "Placements Report".

Also a helpful quote from here : link

"

Keep in mind

• The Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool only finds ads on the Google Search Network. Because of the large quantity of websites, videos, and apps in the Display Network, you won’t be able to locate your specific ad on the Display Network. To see if your Display Network ad is running, check your account statistics to verify that your ad is being shown."

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the response Adrian. Can you tell me exactly where to located this "Placement URL report" and how to get there from my main Adwords admin screen?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, the steps are described here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404178?hl=en

Placement_URL.png

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab and select your campaign.
  3. Click the Display Network tab.
  4. Click the Placements tab.
  5. Click the "See details" drop-down to see a list of site URLs where your ads have shown. 

I would add that you have to select a large time-frame , starting from 2 days ago , not including today and yesterday.

Let me know if you want instructions from Google analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But we have to add first before view placement report.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Brian,

Since you mentioned that you only have 12 impressions, you may not have placement data, yet. As Adrian mentioned there is a lab in the report but there is also a threshold that a placement's clicks/impressions must surpass before it is included individually. I believe the threshold used to be 100 impressions or 1 click before a placement will be added to the report (that's per placement). I can't find documentation around what the specific impression threshold is now but it does still exist.

How long have your ads been active? If in a day or more your ads have only received 12 impressions, I would suggest considering raising your bids. You can mitigate risk by using the display planner tool to select and add managed placements to bid higher on if you're not comfortable raising bids on automatic placements without seeing the data.

Still, depending on your budget and the time you have to put toward optimizations, it would probably be worth it to bid up your automatic placements, too, so that you can have more data to optimize against.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you help me how can i see my display ads in placement websites

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’