AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How Adwords track phone call convesions?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

HI,

How Adwords can track conversion made by Phone call? We don't use google forwarding number, we have our direct 1-800 number, and we see 3 conversions in Call extension department. 

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Adwords track phone call convesions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vitaly M,

I am pretty certain that if you are using the new Enhanced campaign call extension, the Google forwarding number is automatically added at no charge. Have you looked at your ad with the Ad Preview tool? Does it show your number of a Google number?

Best of Luck!
Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pete,
You are right i using Enhanced campaign call extension, but google forwarding number not appear when our ads run. When i look on ads by Ad Preview tool i see our number 1-800...

Thanks.
Vitaly.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Vitaly,

I was just taking a stab at it. I don't use a call extension so I really don't know much more than this about it. I do not know whether the click to call extensions calls your number of the Google forwarding number. I suspect it is the latter.

And I don't know what happens on the phone end either. If the phone dials the Google number, which forwards the call to you, does the phone show the Google number or yours?

I am sorry, I wasn't much help for you.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords