AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Hooray! 0% Bounce Rate...not!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So I'm looking at Analytics for a previous month and reports indicate a 0% bounce rate.

But when I go to the Visitor Flow for the same period I can see the drop-offs after the first page.

What don't I have turned on, or what am I missing?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hooray! 0% Bounce Rate...not!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There is rarely a normal site with a 0% bounce rate.

If you navigate in analytics in a campaign and you click on the campaign to see the ad groups : do you have many visits with 1 page which actually have a time stamp ?

If so you might have added a script to analytics to measure how much people spend on the landing pages, without clicking on other pages in the site, thus their visit is from 1 page but is not a bounce.

Look at this example :

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5kXqO3eH9vJRHVKa1BDcC1HMkE/edit?usp=sharing

Yet the visitor flow shows that a node has "drop offs" in a great percentage, meaning that there were no 2 nodes linked in a visit ( no 2 visited pages in a session)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thanks for replying.

All ad groups indicate at least 2 pages in pages/visit. One ad group actually has 12 visits, pages/visit is 2, but avg. visit duration is 00:00, bounce rate 0%.

We are not an e-commerce site, so no code added to measure spending on landing pages.

???

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi curlygirl,

Just wondering if those numbers are from a period when bounce data was not available--before you authorized import of the Analytics data. That historical data will not be recovered.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you perhaps reading the bounce rate for the paid traffic and the drop off rate from all the traffic ? If so , at the visitor flow select the paid traffic in the visualisation.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thought this might be the answer but, no, when I look at all traffic or just paid search in both views, 0 bounce rate.

Pete, I'm looking at #s for September 2013, so it's not so historical.

I see that it was recording bounce rate through June of this year; since then, no #s. I'll look at settings and might call and have someone look and see if settings were changed for some reason.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I know: you have pasted the analytics code twice and for every visit it is recording 2 pages with 0 time. The flow knows better to count drop offs. So please count how many visits you have with 2 pages and 0 time and compare it with the drop offs.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To explain : analytics double counts all visits in that situation but the visualisation flow doesn't double count when drawing the nodes asigned to pages.

Hooray! 0% Bounce Rate...not!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also going with the same issue when I saw my analytics its also shows zero bounce rate. I don't know why it's showing only my one website www.ineeddoctor.in, not in my other websites like suvichaarm etc.