AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Home page URL problem after split testing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been running a split test on my homepage over the past few months, and last month saw the notice that the "Experiments" section was moving from AdWords to Analytics on the 1st August.

Now that the changeover has happened, my homepage seems to be automatically defaulting to the landing page that was being tested, instead of the original page, and I can't turn it off!

If I go to experiments in Analytics, there are no experiments listed. I have checked my .htacess file adn no redirect has been set in there. I even tried just deleting the landing page, but it just 404s so I put it back.

Any ideas how to make my home page index.html again?!

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Home page URL problem after split testing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello iccmedia,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I probably think that you are referring to Google Analytics Content Experiments here. 

In order to properly access Content Experiments, you first need to remove the tags which you originally created for Google Website Optimizer. 

Kindly read this document for more details on how you should go about the Content Experiments in Google Analytics.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Home page URL problem after split testing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello iccmedia,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I probably think that you are referring to Google Analytics Content Experiments here. 

In order to properly access Content Experiments, you first need to remove the tags which you originally created for Google Website Optimizer. 

Kindly read this document for more details on how you should go about the Content Experiments in Google Analytics.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj