AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

History tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello folks,

As you all may be aware now, i am all about preserving data and tracking it.

Now, i have certain keywords that used to perform better then they're doing now, and after an analysis i decided that i want to increase the max bid amount for these, now is there a way that i should be able to look back historically what my bid was on that particular keyword back 5 months?

Waiting for all the "Future" Top contributers....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: History tracking

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Sure, just look at you "change history" :-)

Good Luck,

Asaf

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Change history, is it available by Keyword level?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello JaybTiger,

5 months is lond time period so there will be less chances that keywords have same bid now, I'll suggest to check the Google suggested Est. top page bid for these keywords so that you can have top position for thses keywords. For this click on keywords tab and then click on Columns and then customize columns and then at attributes click add on Est first page bid and est page top page bid and then save. After doing this after 7-10 days check how these keywords are performing and then further take action.

Also at campaign setting at Bidding option check use my conversion tracking data and bids to optimise for conversions. This will help you to get more conversion for your campaign.

Hope this will help,

Dinesh
My Blog

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey JaybTiger,

Take a look at the link I've added on my first reply :-)

I've copied and pasted the relevant text for you:

"Account actions tracked in your change history:

Keyword: Actions taken to add, pause, resume, or delete keywords; adjustments to a keyword-level maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bid or destination URL"

And you have all the changes from the last 2 Years - you can filter it by time etc'....

Cheers,

Asaf