AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Higher quality scores and high cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a same phrase match keyword in 2 different adwords accounts. In one account the quality score is 8 and in other it is 7. But the first page bids and top page bids is higher for the keywords with score of 8. Please can you explain me how is that possible as my understanding is that higher the quality score lower the cost.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Higher quality scores and high cost

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

First guess , you are targetting different locations and the MaxCpc of competitors could be higher in the location where the QS is 8.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the keyword with score 8 is running in 6 of the locations same as the one which has score of 7 which runs in 18 location.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Overlaping locations for the same keywords could breach the double serving policy. Please read about it.

Simply the higher estimates mean that competitors have either higher QS or higher bids in the 6 locations of the keyword with QS of 8. This makes their AdRank higher and the system asks you to bid higher to reach the top 3 spots.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

In addition to above point.

You have to also understand the concept -How Actual CPC calculated on each click. In this video you find the actual CPC forumla. 

(Ad Rank of Your below Competitor)/Quality Score +$0.01.

So you have two similar keywords that have targeted two diffrent geographical regions, but one has the higher QS.

It is the chances that your competiotors have better Ad Ranks.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’