AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Higher QS for simple broad match and BMM in RLSA campaigns ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

After a while of testing RLSA campaigns, I noticed how almost all the QS-es were over 7/10 even for simple broad match keywords or BMM keywords. This rarely happened in a normal campaign (edit : and yes I am over the 1000 impressions per keyword threshold so the QS is not historical )

Could it be because of the restricted audience , much like the effect of restricting impressions with negative keywords ?

I am tempted to exclude all visitors from revisiting normal campaigns in order to direct them to the RLSA campaigns, because having them to revisit at a lower avg. cpc on the same keywords is cost effective.

What are your conclusions about the QS of keywords if you have tested RLSA ? Was the same keyword with the same QS in both campaigns , normal and RLSA or was it radically different for example a jump from 4/10 to 9/10 ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Higher QS for simple broad match and BMM in RLSA campaigns ?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Adrian,

Sounds like we need will need to work with you in more detail on this one so I have passed it onto our AdWords support team.

They'll be in touch soon so keep an eye on your inbox.
Hannah

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Adrian,

Sounds like we need will need to work with you in more detail on this one so I have passed it onto our AdWords support team.

They'll be in touch soon so keep an eye on your inbox.
Hannah

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you . Initially I wanted to ask others to share a similar experience if they had it , but since I asked on the 25 sept until now all  the QSes have been somehow normalized towards a 5/10 .

Now there are rarely 10/10 , most of them are at the highest 8/10 and there is no longer a difference across campaigns so no more happy higher QS for me Smiley Happy

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Great!

Sounds like it just took a while for it to even out which is to be expected. Glad you got it worked out though!

Hannah