AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Higher QS for simple broad match and BMM in RLSA campaigns ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

After a while of testing RLSA campaigns, I noticed how almost all the QS-es were over 7/10 even for simple broad match keywords or BMM keywords. This rarely happened in a normal campaign (edit : and yes I am over the 1000 impressions per keyword threshold so the QS is not historical )

Could it be because of the restricted audience , much like the effect of restricting impressions with negative keywords ?

I am tempted to exclude all visitors from revisiting normal campaigns in order to direct them to the RLSA campaigns, because having them to revisit at a lower avg. cpc on the same keywords is cost effective.

What are your conclusions about the QS of keywords if you have tested RLSA ? Was the same keyword with the same QS in both campaigns , normal and RLSA or was it radically different for example a jump from 4/10 to 9/10 ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Higher QS for simple broad match and BMM in RLSA campaigns ?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Adrian,

Sounds like we need will need to work with you in more detail on this one so I have passed it onto our AdWords support team.

They'll be in touch soon so keep an eye on your inbox.
Hannah

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you . Initially I wanted to ask others to share a similar experience if they had it , but since I asked on the 25 sept until now all  the QSes have been somehow normalized towards a 5/10 .

Now there are rarely 10/10 , most of them are at the highest 8/10 and there is no longer a difference across campaigns so no more happy higher QS for me Smiley Happy

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Great!

Sounds like it just took a while for it to even out which is to be expected. Glad you got it worked out though!

Hannah