AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

High CTR with Low Percent Served

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The top performing ads (CTR around 20%) in my campaign all have low impressions and clicks.

This isn't because the associated ad group has obscure keywords, but merely because their ads are only being shown around 0.05% of the time compared to the other ads in the ad ground.

This makes little sense to me because my campaign is optimized to show for clicks- so wouldn't the ads with the highest CTR be showed more? 

Beyond this, I would like to show which ads are the top performers. This (for me) would mean the highest CTR, But I'd like to only include ads that have at least 25% served rate. 

You can't seem to filter by % served in the interface, and you can't download reports that include % served. Anyone have a way around this? I'm sure many others are in the same situation. 

Thanks!

Sachin

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachin M
September 2015

Re: High CTR with Low Percent Served

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin M,

With rotation set to optimized to show for clicks new ads don't get much of a chance. I'd recommend setting rotation to even for a while so the new test gets impressions and clicks, then revert to optimize for clicks after that period.

Choose this under Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping:
Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize
May be appropriate if you optimize ads using your own data.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sounds good Pete. I will experiment with even rotation and see how it effects my results.

Do you have any advice on creating a report that shows Best Performing Ads?
CTR is the KPI here, but I'd like to add a couple of filters to that too, since CTR doesn't tell the whole story.

For example: % served over 25%, Ad Position 1-3

I realize I bundled two different questions in one. Sorry about that!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin M,

I"m afraid I can't help you there. I don't use scripts so I'm really not sure what you can do. Maybe one of the other contributors can help here.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords