AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Hi everyone,in your experience how much is the conversion rate from leads to sales?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

How many "real sales" from lead generation do you get in percentage? (on line and off line)

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi everyone,in your experience how much is the conversion rate from leads to sales?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Imonni,

This is really not something that anyone can accurately answer.  There are just too many factors involved that vary from business to business.  The key for me is to refine the traffic so I'm only producing qualified leads.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Hi everyone,in your experience how much is the conversion rate from leads to sales?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Tom is quite correct. Not only do lead generation stats vary significantly from one market to the next, but the number of leads generated and the number of leads/sales closed have very little to do with each other. Smiley Happy  (I mean, closing the sale is not the same thing as generating the lead.)

Also, accurately tying offline and online advertising together to get a comprehensive picture--that's something many, many businesses struggle with.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PPCBossman, Theresa_Zook,

Thanks for answer to my post, 
I knew was very difficult to have this kind of "statistic of experience" 
because I do the same job for my customers, 
but I don't know how many sales are generated from my leads.

I think this is is a fault of a adv marketing that promises, "not to waste half of my half of budget in advertising".

I think I 'll stop looking for this information;

thanks anyway Smiley Happy

ivan

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually I found it ....

demandgeneration.typepad. com/demand-generation/2012/07/cosa-non-va-tra-il-marketing-e-le-vendite-la-lead-nurturing.html

It is said Marketing Sherpa interviewed about 2.000 marketers and from 4 al 15% of leads became sales

Ivan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
PPCBossman, Theresa_Zook, Thanks for answer to my post, I knew was very difficult to have this kind of "statistic of experience" because I do the same job for my customers, but I don't know how many sales are generated from my leads. I think this is is a fault of a adv marketing that promises, "not to waste half of my half of budget in advertising". I think I 'll stop looking for this information; thanks anyway Smiley Happy Ivan

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah, there is always an industry journal out there that will give you some kind of figure, but a range of 4-15% is pretty large.  

Like everyone said, your conversion rates will vary, but you should have a baseline for continous improvement. Connecting online and offline is not that hard  Most companies over complicate this...

You can tie you new customer visits to new customer phone traffic. The trend lines are ussually similar.  Use a different phone number on your website and track those calls and compare it to the dimensions traffic in Google Adwords.

There are a number of ways to do this.. .email me if you are interested.

Thanks

ComputerBob