AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, Can I run a search query on a Youtube video campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi, Can I run a search query on a Youtube video campaign?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Lloyd,

Thank you for your post? In regards to your question, is this in reference to running a Adwords conversion tag? Or a Google Analytics tag on your Youtube video campaign. Please clarify. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi JP, I simply want to know which keywords have triggered my YouTube advert. That's it
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Lloyd,

Ok thanks for clarifying your question. If you want to know which keywords have triggered your YouTube advertising, follow these steps:

1. If your running your Adwords for Video in your Adwords Account, go to the All Video campaigns section

2. Click on the Campaign in question.

3. Click on the Targets tab.

4. Go to the Youtube search keywords under Targeting: (the YouTube search keywords section shows you view information like Max CPV/Views/Avg. CPV/etc).

5. You can choose what type of view under the Columns pull down menu below the Targets tab. 

video_keywords.png

(I'm including a screenshot from my Adwords account as a visual sample)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
What happens to the keywords match type on Youtube Insearch Ads ? From 22 of July to Mid December, Search query reports on youtube were broken... and know it works again but when you bid for +keyword your ad are triggered for +notthekeywordiwanttoadvertiseon