AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Hi All I had one query regarding mobile tracking and cookie.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All I had one query . I have a client who has mobile website (not app) and desktop website for the same product. When i request the website via mobile it pulls the mobile website page hence the cookie is dropped for the same. Now there is a option which says go to desktop site so if i click on that option will the same cookie and session continued or a new cookie is dropped ? Please help me understand how this mechanism works.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Suyash A
September 2015

Re: Mobile tracking

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Suyash,

If your tracking system is the same in both mobile and desktop versions of website, a change from mobile version to desktop version would only generate a new page view on the same session, and cookies would identify user as same visitor, with mobile page as entry page.

I hope this helps!
Kathleen

View solution in original post

Mobile tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All I had one query . I have a client who has mobile website (not app) and desktop website for the same product. When i request the website via mobile it pulls the mobile website page hence the cookie is dropped for the same. Now there is a option which says go to desktop site so if i click on that option will the same cookie and session continued or a new cookie is dropped ? Please help me understand how this mechanism works.

Regards

Suyash

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Suyash A
September 2015

Re: Mobile tracking

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Suyash,

If your tracking system is the same in both mobile and desktop versions of website, a change from mobile version to desktop version would only generate a new page view on the same session, and cookies would identify user as same visitor, with mobile page as entry page.

I hope this helps!
Kathleen