AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Help with adwords remarketing tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I need some help with the tracking code for remarketing in adwords.

var google_tag_params = { ecomm_prodid: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',

ecomm_pagetype: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',

ecomm_totalvalue: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',

What code do i use and where do i find it?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help with adwords remarketing tracking code

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mungo2007,

Thanks for your post! I think you are referring to 'custom parameters'. These allow the system to dynamically send values to your AdWords account (for example, product ID, page type,) based on information on the page. You will find the code in the Shared Library section of your account - you then have to place the code on your site with custom parameters that are needed for dynamic remarketing. 

I'd recommend reading the following articles to learn more about customizing this code for your website:

I hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have the code, but i still can't get my head around what i need to put in the code as these custom parameters? Or do i just upload the full code like this and the website automatically generates these values?

Thanks

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi again,

The values are different for each advertiser. So, ecomm_prodid is the product ID of each product, ecomm_totalvalue is the monetary value of the product (e.g. $1, $100, etc) and ecomm_pagetype is the page type the code is on (e.g.  home, cart, purchase, etc).

Hope this helps!  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thanks for coming back again, sorry i am still not getting it. Have you got an example of this with the fields filled in?

Thanks

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi there,

There aren't really any examples, because it's completely different for all advertisers. You need to place dynamic values to the remarketing tag on key steps of your purchasing funnel (eg: the product ID of the product added to the cart, the value of the cart, etc…)

However it would look something like this:

ecomm_pagetype=cart
ecomm_prodid=['prodid1', 'prodid2']
ecomm_totalvalue=699.45

Maybe your web developer could take a look for you also.

Best of luck!