Help with Google Analytics / AdWords conversion tracking[ Edited ]
May - last edited May
On one of my websites, I'm currently tracking Adwords conversions through Google tag manager. However I was told that it's better to import the conversions data (i.e. goals) from Analytics to Adwords, instead of using a tag.
I'm just trying to do that now, however when I got into AdWords > Conversions > Google analytics, the goals for that particular property are not showing up in the list of options. These goals were set up in GA a while ago and they are tracking conversions, so it wouldn't be a matter of it still propagating.
I also have another question, but I'm not sure if it's related to this in any way - but when I got into Google Analytics > Acquisition > AdWords, I only see 1 line which is showing the correct number of conversions (goal completions), however it says under the name column 'not set'. It doesn't seem to be recording data for clicks, cost, CPC, and actual order value, however it does show data for sessions and goal completions.
This is very confusing because for my other property, when I look at Adwords acquisitions in GA, all the data there is correct and matches what's in Adwords, but for this property it's not the case and I don't know why.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Help with Google Analytics / AdWords conversion tracking
Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community. I’m happy to help you with your query on importing your Analytics goals to AdWords.
I have addressed the concern in two parts as under:
a) AdWords not showing the list of Analytics goals
Make sure you have linked the right view and property to your AdWords account. Check if the Analytics view that you have created the goal in, is linked to your AdWords account. If you have linked a different view/property to your AdWords account, you will not see the lists populating in your AdWords account. You can check this in the “Linked Accounts” section of AdWords. More details here.
b) You see “not set” for your AdWords data in Analytics account.
There are 2 possible scenarios here: either the linking of the 2 accounts is at fault or the URLs are not being tagged.
The linking will be checked as mentioned above and for the tagging part, I would recommend having auto tagging enabled for your AdWords account. In case you have set up manual tags for your URLs, you would have to check that you have defined it correctly.
Hope this helps!