AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Help Urgent :Adwords Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have two questions relating to adwords:

Question 1#

Suppose I am running a campaign in exact match type keywords,now if I change the keyword match type from exact to any other type does my previous data of that keyword is lost?

Question 2#

Suppose i have imported two goals (Goal A) and (Goal B) to adwords .

Now in the adwords interface conversion column if both 2 goals will occur how can i differentiate which goal will occur how many times?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As for the first question - yes. All data is reset.

As for the 2nd, can you upload a screenshot showing the UI ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer.For the second question i meant to say Adwords is showing conversion 0.Honestly it is 0 for now.But if the goals had happened then what will be the output?

If 1 goal happened then the conversion will be 1?

If 2 goal happened then the conversion will be 2?

is there any way to differentiate the goals individually in adwords interface?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand the scenario, hence asked for a screenshot,

If AdWords and analytics properly linked, goals should be imported seamlessly from Analytics.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Soumik Ghosh,

I'd like to add an additional perspective if I could.  

Q1 - Well, if you edit a KW by changing the match type, you're essentially deleting the original KW and creating a new one.  Sometimes, if I'm experimenting with match types, I'll just add a new KW and pause the old one.  Regardless, you will be able to view previous historical data for even deleted keywords, they are not lost forever.

Q2 - You can segment your reports by conversion name, for instance, this will show you the individual conversion types and where they originated inside of your AdWords account.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i segment your reports by conversion name?

can u please mention the steps?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

2 - You can segment your reports by conversion name, for instance, this will show you the individual conversion types and where they originated inside of your AdWords account.

can u specify the steps?@PPCBossman

Re: Help Urgent :Adwords Question

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454072

Just click the segment button, choose conversions and choose the option that works best for you.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Help Urgent :Adwords Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks  for the feedback/When I choose conversion name(though I have no conversion data yet) my data is not segmented.Is it because I have no data yet?I have two goals Sale complete and Bulk Quote request imported from GA as conversion.When I have data,then if i choose segment by conversion name I can get how many times those two goals will happen individually?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Another question there is an option called conversion source.What is actually means?

Conversion name and conversion type I understood.