AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Hello , Headline and Mobile click-to-call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just wondering why some Adgroups only shows Headline Clicks when i segment by click type, while Some other Groups show both Headline and mobile Click-to-calls? although i have set my Call extention to show phone number only

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fakhri A
September 2015

Re: Hello , Headline and Mobile click-to-call

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Fakhri,

From what I understand there are two types of clicks. If you don't have a call extension for a certain ad (it might be in an adgroup without call extensions or in might be a device without call extensions) then the only type of click is headline click.

If the ad does have a call extension then some people might not click the extension! They might still click the add, then instead of a call you get a Landing Page visit.

So for an ad with a call extension or sitelink extension ect you can get two types of traffic- the first being from the ad and the second being from the extension.

I hope this helps!

-Lea

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I was under an impression that if you set the call extension to "show phone number only", then clicking anywhere on the ad will result in a call, is that right?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I understood the same thing Smiley Happy