AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Heavy Increase in CPC?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

Last week wednesday I split up one of my campaigns. I removed the most clicked and most converting adgroup to a seperate campaign to make it even more relevant and create more adgroups. However, now I noticed that in the original campaign the other adgroups (all of them seperately) saw a huge increase in Average CPC (+200%)... Could this have to do with splitting up the campaign or can anyone think of any other reasons why this would happen?

Thanks!

Steven

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Heavy Increase in CPC?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

Few possibilities I could think of:-

I would say that it depends upon whether the ad groups you separated out had the least CPC as compared to others and as soon as you paused them in the original campaigns the impact is sudden increase of overall Avg. CPC of your campaign because of other ad groups.

And to follow on that, the avg. CPC of your new campaign should be lower than your original campaign currently.

Did you also witness some downfall in terms of Quality Score of your keywords too? If yes, then this could be other reason of increased Avg. CPC.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Heavy Increase in CPC?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj!

Thanks for the reply! I think I found the answer:

The original campaign was using the Conversion Optimizer, but since I took out the most converting adgroup I couldn't use it anymore..It looked like Adwords automatically switched to optimize for clicks (without a CPC limit) so my max CPC increased heavily aswell...