AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Having trouble seeing conversions in adwords after linking adwords and analytics and importing goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, any help is greatly appreciated!

I have an analytics account where I have defined goals (based on a url destination). I have linked the analytics account with my adwords account and imported all of the goals. This seemed to work perfectly. The problem is I am not seeing any conversions within the adwords interface. I did a manual test on the clients site (coming from an adwords ad). I saw the goal completion in analytics but still haven't seen the associated conversion in adwords.

This may be a dumb question, but does the 'goal completion' page need to have both analytics code and the adwords conversion tracking code to be able to import conversions from analytics to adwords?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Having trouble seeing conversions in adwords after linking adwords and analytics and importing goals

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amica,

No, it sounds like you have everything set up correctly. What you are experiencing is most likely a lag between the two systems. There can be anywhere up to 48 hours difference between the two. In my experience AdWords is usually about 24 hours behind Analytics. 

Also remember there are attribution differences when looking at AdWords and Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en&ref_topic=1042504

Kind Regards

Abbie Roberts

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Also, you will only see AdWords conversions in AdWords, whereas your goals in Analytics can come from any source.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help guys!

The manual test I ran was actually on Friday, so I think I am outside the delay window. Are there any specific settings I should check? Is there a specific naming convention in the link grouping that maybe I am missing?